Friday, September 07, 2007

Dojo ....

Sometimes many people in Europe or America doesn't care for eating what Japanese (or Asians prpbably) like to eat.
For example, Sushi. Yes I know . Sushi became already a kind of famous international food, although still many people might refuse to try that.
Maybe Unagi(eel) less popular than Sushinbut still known to many people. I know eel souceis popular/

Well, how about Loaches (Oriental weatherfish)? We call them "Dojou(or Dozeu)" in Japanese.
There is one long river (acctually second longest) called "Tonegawa" Kanto region where is the easy place to catch Loaches So that's why since long time ago many people prefer to eat Dojou( Loaches) near Tokyo.

Yesterday I went to one famous Dojou( Loaches) dining place which has more than 200years history in Asakusa- downtown area in Tokyo. The building is old enough to imagine an old period ,and atomosphere is nice. It was first time to have Dojou(Loaches) for me.I was satisfied the taste more than I imagined ,because I was afraid of the appearance. So soft that I could eat up bone, too. If you don't mind fish, I think it's worth trying. Well, Dojou has aboundant of collagen ,calcium and vitamin.



Dojou pot tasted soysause

Fried Dojou










Besides Dojou, they serve whales dish, too. I know many countries are against whaling . But the people roughly over 25years old had been provided whales dishes as a school lunch in Japan. So we know taste. Really delicious.

If you have a concern, try Dojou and whales wih Japanese Sake!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kazumi san…
I also like Dojo soup, because my grandpa cooked it sometimes.
But, my grandpa had gone to heaven with Dojo….
So, I liked grandpa and Dojo soup.

Hide

Azumi said...

Bonjour Kazumi,

It's my first time on your blog and i thank you for all these informations about your country's traditions.
It makes me want to eat a Dojo right now ! lol !
I hope to read you soon again. Have a good week-end.
Aurevoir !

Mélissa