Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Memories in Mexico ~Day of the dead

I am home!
As you know ,I went to Orlando and Mexico. YES I had really good time there.I want to show you some photos of my journey.

Luckey me! I was in Mexico on DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (Day of the dead). Everywhere in Mexico , I could see many calavera(skulls) and Catrina.












I could manage to go Janitzio aisland ,(Isla de Janitzio) midnight. It is one of the very famous place of Day of the dead in Mexico. It was so great experience to see many decolation for the graves. Only one pity thing is that we saw many many drunken people there. I saw one guy was almost falling down from steps since he wasn't able to walk by himself. Many of them must have came for the beer....

2 comments:

ReyLynda said...

Wow, the sugar skulls are really amazing! From what I've experienced in Southern California, it truly is a time to celebrate and get a little drunk. Hope that guy was alright!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long it took to prepare for the celebration! All of the candy and decorations are so detailed- it must have taken a long time! I'm so glad that you got to experience such a wonderful Mexican tradition!