Friday, February 23, 2007

TOKYO MARATHON 2007①

The day have came.
February 18th -Tokyo marathon 2007.
I am nervous,,,and excited. What's going on ?????



As you know , Tokyo is a capital city in Japan, is such a big city, has a big population -more than 12million and the central of political and economical of Japan , but never had a city marathon like New York, Boston , Berlin, London and Chicago. Since several years before they are planning to take place City Marathon in central Tokyo. The Governor of Tokyo had decided to hold on February 18th 2007 for the very first time . Actually there were not a few pople who express objection against it, the function of city would go down because of the traffic regulations of main roads for seven hours.

From last June to August the registration began. The applicants was three times than capacity (Entrants Marathon : 25,000 athletes , 10km Race : 5,000 athletes, but more than 95000pople entried.!!!). Only luckey 30000 people who were selected by lottary got their rights to be a runner.

Frankly saying, I was the one. When I got a email about to be ruuner on October, I was happy, but at the same time I was annoyed. How I can run 42.195km again??? It was so tough・・・・etc. (In fact I joined Walt Disney marathon 2005, so I know how difficult was it.....) But reading many poeple's blog , many people wrote about their shock from losing their lack of luck. So I decided to try the Marathon.

Although I strongly felt necessity of training , but I have been busy from last Autumn, went Mexico two weeks, had to find new apartment, and moving, in my job I had a lot to do. I couldn't have spare time for training. At last I could find my free time on January, became a member of sports gym. But obviously I needed training more and more....

【to be continued ...】

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to know how it went. To run a marathon without any training must be atrocious!

Sreisaat said...

Good luck, Kazumi-san.
I knw that you're the kind of girl who can do everything once you set your mind on it. I will come back to see how you are preparing for it.

kazumi said...

>flankie
Thank you for your comments;)
Yes it was atrocious...
I absolutely needed training more...

>zj
Thank you for your comment;)
he he he
I am not strong as you mentioned. Enjoy the rest of the story.