Tuesday, February 27, 2007

TOKYO MARATHON 2007②~ START


On that day I woke up 4 o'clock in the moning, actually I didn' mean it, I was going to get up around 5:30, yes, I was nervous . It was raining hard, as suspected. But I didn't think of call off this event , I don' t know why. After breakfast , I head for Shinjuku where was the very "START" of this marathon.
In Shinjuku station I saw many people prepareing for the race, with the numbers on their T-shirts. Many ,so many people. Still raining and cold. Before I deposit my belongings, I made a phone call to one of my friends who also was going to run this race. "How are you????"etc.... I was tring to find where are they.... but I gave up at once because of the big crowd.
The runner must be at start position that they designed as a block decided depends on the declaration of the time to goal.As I submitted it by 6:40, I was the last block "K" . There we couldn't hear any sounds or voice from the ceremony , it was too far..... We had to wait for a quite long time before and after starting to race. I was freezing, and shaked with cold .Everubody was same. But we had fun, too. The people from the behind started the wave with yelling "Yeah-- ". The one woman on the balcony of the buiding-maybe 8th or 10th flour - was cring "Cheer up !!! " Everybody in K block was waving their hands, it was just like a greeting from the Royal Family on the new year day in imperial palace.
After 16minite passed already from the starting time , finally I was able to pass the startline with waving my hand to Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara.
The race was started.
【to be continued...】

No comments: