Friday, September 15, 2006

WATER

When I was a kid, I used to drink tap water without any care. Nowdays I rarely drink tap water, if possibele it is because I grow up in a countryside, and now living in Tokyo. I don't remember since when I started to buy bottle water insted of drinking tap water. The other day on TV I got information of the one bottle water which is the very tap water of Tokyo. It sounds fanny???

Accoding to that program 20-30years ago in Tokyo, the tap water is said "Not tasty!!", although it is clean enough. So the authority have been stressed on the taste as well as quality. The bottle water which I mentiond above are sold well as a souvenior. I have never tried that, since they are sold in limit places. If I found it , I want try it. Yes but it must be the same taste with tap water......

The other day I found "FUJI Mineral water" in a starbucks. It says they are sold since 1929, contains a lot of minerals. The package is so cute!!!


Just water, but water......

4 comments:

Roger A. Tetrahart said...

Hmm... so tap water is better tasting now? I was still under the impression that the water tasted like it was full of chlorine... Guess I was seriously wrong? hahah...

ReyLynda said...

How funny to find bottled water for a product that's LITERALLY under our noses! It's amazing how much can be in tap water and still be considered "clean" for the most part.

I have heard the tap water where I lived in Negishi was very clean, but as with most tap waters it contained a very high amount of estrogen (when water is cleaned and filtered, the estrogen molecule is hard to filter out). So that's normal stuff for women but not great for men who definitely don't need estrogen in their diets -- don't know if this is true but that's what I heard. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

By friend Frank used to tell me that Evian spelled backwards is Naive. He would laugh that Americans would scream about paying over $2.00 for a gallon of Gasoline yet happily pay $3.00 for 12 ounces of bottled water. Water... the most abundant resource on our planet.

kazumi said...

>mb
thank you for your comment.
Actually taste is better , but Many people don't drink tap water now.

>rey&rich
when I visit you someday, should I buy the water as a suvenir???