Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"Shima-uta"

"Shima-uta" was very pupular about12 years ago.
When the members of the BOOM went to Okinawa prefecture which is small island in southen part of Japan , they were so fascinated by Okinawa culture such as song ,dance, dialect ,and so on, that they wrote this song.
Not only in Japan but also in other countries especially in Latin America, it was going to so popular. Because many singer coverd sometimes in Japanese, sometimes in their language.
I have just checked. in Cuba, Mexico ,Argentina ,China , Poland, Russia etc...
If you have some interest, please check it .

Tonight I listened to "Shima-uta" after a while. Because the vocalist (Kazufumi Miyazawa) was on TV . It reminded me of the days when the song was very popular.

I have never been to Okinawa. I must go.
Listening this song in Okinawa must be different.

http://www.five-d.co.jp/boom/

No comments: