Monday, June 11, 2007

Kimono life beginner

As you know, Kimono is Japanese traditional cloth.About 150 years ago, everybody in Japan was waring this kind. To our pity, nowdays many people can't weatr Kimono by theirselves. People take it for ganted that wearing western style cloths is normal, and Kimono is just for special occasion.

Before I posted about my friend's wedding, which I put on kimono, at that time I had to ask to wear kimono by professonal Kimono dresser. When I was working at Japanese restaurant, I had to put on Kimono costume-but it was by summary method. Thus I couldn't able to wear kimono by myself.

I wanted to learn how to wear Kimono, because I like the Japanese design fablic, I have some kimono from my mom and granma. So I have taken Kimono wearing lessons from last February. It was a bit hard to memorize all orders, but I have done almost the basic lessons . Yes now I can wear it by myself. Not to forget how to do, now I want to put it on at least once a month.

My Kimono life has just started... I will write some post about it since now on...

1 comment:

ablykins said...

How exciting! You should post photos of yourself in your kimono! I have a hard time putting on a yukata by myself, so I can only imagine how hard it is to wear a formal kimono by yourself! It is really wonderful that you have taken the time to learn how to wear traditional Japanese clothing!