Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sapporo Snow Festival

Sapporo Snow Festival has been taken place since Monday. It is one of the very famousu festival, most famous winter festival. Sapporo is the biggest city in Hokkaido, which is the island in northen part of Japan.

The number of the tourist coming to Sapporo is getting increasing. Nowadays more then 2million people enjoy the snow sculptures. This year fifteen teams from many countries have taken part in International Snow Sculpture Contest. See the web site of snow festival, you will see the many beautiful sculptures.

In this season , TV news broadcast the aspect and atomosphere of this festival.
I have never been to the this festival, to be honest I have'nt been to even Hokkaido itself. Everybody who went there likes Hokkaido. I know the food is very tasty especially in the winter and the seanary is beautiful. My parents love it, too. I want to go someday. Oh I have too many place where I want to visit.


[Sapporo snow festival]
http://www.snowfes.com/english/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Kazumi,
I was in Sapporo last month. Even then the scenery in the city is beautiful. For people like me from hot tropical Malaysia, going to Sapporo with the snow and the cold was a welcome change. I also went to the coastal city of Otaru - another beautiful place. Regards. David Leong from Malaysia.

kazumi said...

David, thank you for your comment!
Oh really?
I have to go to Sapporo!!