Friday, February 10, 2006

to know our culture

The other day I talked people who came from Kyrgyz Republic. To be honest, it was the first time for me to talk with somebody from Kyrgyz Republic. As I haven't known about their country at all , I asked many quesitions. I am so curious. They looks very similar to Japanese, even though we have many different something, for exmple food, language and so on.

Sometimes especailly when I knew different culture ,I can not help feeling my common sense is not the one for somebody. But at the same time I feel that I don't have enough knowledge to show our culture. Since I have started this blog, I have been trying to find details. FOr example, A few days ago, I wrote about "Setsubun" . Of course I know it. But it was so difficult to explain it.

The people who came from Kyrgyz Republic knew so much about their country, maybe they are often asked abut their culture. Like them , I have to know and understand Japanese culture more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Anonymous (David) from Malaysia again. I agree it is difficult to explain one country's culture to a foreigner. But consider Malaysia, where we have a host of different ethnic groups in our country. It would be really be a huge challenge to explain the these cultural traits to a visitor! But try me, I'll do my best.
As for Malaysians knowing your country, you'll be surprised to learn that we know quite a bit about Japan in general. We know, for example, the Japanese are very industrious; the country is very efficient and clean; the culture unique and; of course, I love the food! We have many Japanese restaurants here but having been to Japan, I can say that our local Japanese cuisine cannot compare to the real thing. I suppose it is the same for Malaysian restaurants in Japan.
David.

kazumi said...

Thank you for comment, again;)
I want to the people know a little bit about our culture. So I am trying to keep writing it. I hope you can understand what I mean.

It is difficult to find REAL japanese food in overseas. They put some their taste usually. But vice versa. We have many kinds of restaurants here, but I have no idea which one is same food as original.