Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hana yori dango

Last night I went to see another sakura(cherry blossoms) in special scienic park Rikugien. It is the waka poetry garden created in 1702.Usually they open from 9 to 5. But special season like now they open longer. At the moment a big weeping cherry tree is lighted up. It was so beautiful, and fantastic. I took many pictures as usual.

Then walking around the park, I found Dango shop in the park.. Dango is Japanese sweets which was made by the rice powder, tasted by soy sause, miso, and sweet beans.

We have one saying.
"Hana yori dango."
Hana means "flower"
yori means "than"
dango , you already know.

I have just checked my dictionary.
Similer meaning of
Praises [Fair words] fill not the belly.
Bread is better than the songs of birds.
Better fill a man's belly than his eye

Many people was enjoying their dango.
Me? Of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,wow sooo beautiful!!
I haven't done Ohanami yet this year.
I think I am missing the important moment of Japanese seasons.
I was happy to hear that you saw the cherry trees and had a good time eating Odango :)

kazumi said...

>kino
If we have a time , let's go to see Sakura!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of the cherry blossoms! This is my first cherry blossom season in Japan and I am enjoying seeing all of the flowers!
Negishi Shinrin Park has many cherry blossom trees and was packed full of visitors on Saturday for hanami. I was lucky that I took my pictures early- before all the crowds arrived!

kazumi said...

>aime
Saturday was lovely day, isn't it?
Do you like cherry blossoms??