Monday, March 27, 2006

sakura sakura sakura

I feel spring through the Sakura (cherry blossoms) so much !

The cherry blossoms have been brooming day by day. Yeasterday as it was so nice and warm weather, I walked by the river to see Sakura(cherry blossoms.) Not only myself, many people was walking , some peple was eating their lunch under the tree. Really Japanese people love sakura, I think. In my case, when I see the pink color of them, I feel very happy.








I like Japanese-style goods, for exmple something which is used kimono cloth. In my favorite store where I can buy those stuff, I found many sakura patterned dishes, stationaries, and so on.








I found this sakura watch in internet, isn't so cute? I decided to buy it so quickly.










Well, this is one kind of Japanese sweets called Sakura mochi. I made it. Inside is sweet beans paste, outside is a kind of rice colored pink by food red , wrapped by cherry blossoms leaf which is pickeled by salt.

7 comments:

kazumi said...

You need special rice for rice cake and sweet beans paste to make it. Hopefully they heve them!

ReyLynda said...

Wow, Sakura Mochi sounds great!

The pictures are beautiful! Outside of Negishi Shinrin park we're getting so many blooms, and it's so pleasant to walk in the park with such happy people around. Thanks for posting those great photos!

kazumi said...

>ana elisa a aleister
thank you for your compliment.
I will read yours;)

>reylynda
thank you for visiting.
Try Sakura mochi. It is seasonal stuff, you can eat only now!!!

Anonymous said...

That Sakura Mochi looks great! You did a wonderful job making and photographing it! Looks tasty! I went to a bakery in Honmoku and purchased some Sakura Cookies, and WOW, they were delicious!

kazumi said...

>aime
Sakura cookies?? that sounds so cute!

ReyLynda said...

I found SAKURA MOCHI!!! Aime and I were in a sushi restaurant in Honmoku yesterday and they had some left! It was sooooo soooooo sooooo goooooooood......

I probably got the last piece left!

kazumi said...

>Rey
Oh , finally you got it???
Good for you. I am happy you like that.