Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sakura

Today Meteorological Office annouced flower forecast of cherry blossams. This year it will be few days earlier than last year. I like to see the full bloom of cherry trees. I think all Japanese like cherry. When they are full of bloom, many people have picnic under the trees.

As I wrote before, here in Japan school year starts April. March is the time of grasuation, April is the time of entrance ceremony of school. Since kids, these most impressive season have been with cherry blossams.

"Sakura" is cherry blossoms in Japanese. The word of Sakura is used in many songs, especially the songs about graduation. I really like the season of Sakura. I feel we are so luckey that we have four seasons which have own characteristic here.

[sakura]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura

No comments: