Tuesday, March 28, 2006

a rip-off ??

One of my friends lives in Dubai now for her work. As she has just came back to Japan for two weeks vacation, I saw her the other day. I like travling so much, but I never been to aroung there. I don't know so much about those countries. Dubai, UAE, a rich country, camel, desert? My knowledge is limit.

I am so curious about other culture, I was so excitied to see her. I heard some interesting stories of living in UAE.Those are about fun, tasty food, friendly people.... I've got one more place which I wanna go.

But she said,when she is shopping , they always ask "Are you Japanese". At that time she always pretend to be another nation. If she says I am japanese, the price gonna be a rip-off. This happens everywhere, especially tourist places, even inside Japan...

Another friend has just been to Fukuoka , Kyushu where is famous for many boothes, stalls called Yatai. In fact it is my hometown. In yatai you can eat noodle ra-men, oden(a japanese pot). Especially winter season, it is nice to eat in Yatai.

When she went to there, she had to pay much more than she guessed. It maight be not ordinary case, I have heard in some place , the prices differ whether the person speaks dialect or not.

As I can speak dialect fortunately, I don't know truth.....

No comments: