Friday, April 14, 2006

Doraemon

Do you know "Doraemon"? I can say he is one of the japanese national hero. He is a blue cat-typed robbot from the 22nd century. He is a character from the manga and animation by Fujiko Fujio. It has already 25 years passed since his very first movie shown. I think you can't find the people who doesn't know about him in Japan, especially under my generation. I heard the animation has been imported to the all over the world. So some of you know him.

Last spring they changed all main characters's dubbing artists, including Doraemon himself. It was a very big news and so shock for everyone. Since then I haven't watch any animation s of Doraemon. Before he had such a characteristic voice that we could figure out easily since the animation had started on the air.

The other day I went to the cinema to watch Doraemon's brandnew movie. Although I like Doraemon, I hadn't watched the movie for a many years. To be honest , I think those kinds of movies are for kids. The very first movie which is so touching was remade this year, and I really liked the ending song which was singed by Japanese pop duo "sukima switch". That's why I decided to go to the cinema.

In the theater there were so many kids ,because it was on spring vacation season. I was embattassment a little bit , feeling the difference of the voices and description, compared with before. No matter how I feel about those things, the movie was so nice. It might be for kids, but I saw many adult with tear, so was I.
It was a good time to feel like being a kid.

about Doraemon

8 comments:

Itziar said...

I saw this blue cats adventures when i was a child in basque lenguage, and its still on tv!! Now its in spanish too.

I liked the big and magic pocket. I wanted one. :)

kazumi said...

Oh, you can watch Doraemon in Spain! I heard there are some people who start learning Japanese because of Japanese cartoon...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. on Doraemon! I had never seen the cartoon cat until coming to Japan, and I didn't know he was so well known and loved in Japan.
In America, many adults see "kids movies" because most adults still enjoy movies designed for children. In fact, many cartoon film makers now adapt their movies so both children and adults can enjoy the same movies.
Even though cartoons are often viewed as children's entertainment, there are a lot of adult cartoons that are now on TV in America, like South Park, Drawn Together, The Family Guy, and, of course, The Simpsons.

kazumi said...

I wish you could watch "Doraemon" in English! It is funny , but movies are touching.

We have animation for adult in Japan same as in U.S.A. The market is getting bigger.

Oh, I like Toy story and Monster inc. Both of them were created for kids originally, I think.

Anonymous said...

Watashi wa doraemon ga suki desu

Anonymous said...

In Indonesia, 'Doraemon' have replay for several time, more than 10 years. How funny him. I wish I have some kind 'friend' like Doraemon.
By the way, I like the 'one piece'. It tell about the treasure and friendship. Do you know it?

kazumi said...

thank you for the comment.
One piece is also made in Japan , I think.But I never watched it, and I know it is popular here , too.

Anonymous said...

A blue racoon dog!