Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Harumi Kurihara

Last night as there were avocado and chicken in my fridge, I decide to make Teriyaki Chicken with avocado sause. It was so tasty. I sometimes eat teriyaki chicken, and I like avocado. But I have never tried those two together.

That recipe I cooked was written by Harumi Kurihara. I can say she is one of the very famous and popular housewife in Japan, like Martha Stewart in U.S.A. Her recipe book have been sold a lot. Her dishes are very modan, but simple to cook. Like Teriyaki Chicken with avocado sause which I cooked last night, it is not typical traditional Japanese recipe. But she creates so many stylish Japanese dishes.

In 2004 she won the grand prize of the 2004 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards by her recipe book "Harumi's Japanese cooking" published in U.K. among more than 5000 books.

I sometimes am asked how to cook Japanese dishes. It is one good way to read her book:)

Harumi's Japanese Cooking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was delicious!! Avocados are so tasty! I always love learning about and trying new recipes!

kazumi said...

It was so delicioou, actually. I like avocados ,also. ummm
yummy;)