Wednesday, April 26, 2006

the traveling dinner

I was invited "the traveling dinner." When I heard the word for the first time. I didn't have no idea. It is a kind of fun game, eating different stuff(appeteizer,salad, smain, desert )at a different home. Have you ever heard that???

Thank you for great organising of my friend Aime, everything was perfect!! Everytthing I ate was so tasty. oishi-:) I guess she had prepared it for a long time.

appetizer at Rey's house
chicken and pistachio roll slice
Smorked salmon Mousse
Cheese and Crackers

Appetizer looked so gorgeous, and beautiful. Needless to say, they were so delisious. I also liked the drink which mixed with absolute vodka ,chanpagne ,and peach juice. For me , salmon mousse was best.

salad at Katrina's house
Waldorf Sald with Lentils and pine Nuts
Mediterranean Salad with Albacore Tuna

Those tho kinds of salad are good ,too. The flovour of green apple matched dressing well. I usually don't eat salad so much, but at that time I ate a lot. The one of the dressing was so creamy and rich that I could'nt stop eating.

main at Aime's house
American BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers
Just like I was in the food court in WDW. We made own original burgurs and hotdogs. Me? I put plenty of the sliced avocado and very big humburger. It was too big to bite it actually, ummm yummy.

desert at Inge's house
Keylime cheeze cake
pinaple upside down cake
Apple nuts cake
(To my pity, I don't remember exact name.)
biscotti
tea and coffee

After you feel full stomach, still if you can eat sweet deseet. In Japan we use the expression we have another stomach for something sweet. It was very such a time at Inge's house. I had had enough before desert, but I enjoy the Shelly's desert so much that I requested the her desert recipe. I wanna make it!!





Look at those wonderful pictures of food!!! It was great. They treated us generously. And it was soooo good experience to see many houses. Each home has good atomsphere, decolated so well. I want to imitate their good sense.
I really want to thank those who gave me such a wonderful time.
Arigato---- On the way to home, everybody looked soooooooo happy;)



p.s.
When I am writing in English, I always feel the short of my vocabraries. I want to express more detail, more complicated feeing, and so on. On this post, it is difficult to show how much I enjoyed, thank them, how tasty the food was .It is pity, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kazumi- you do a WONDERFUL job on your blog! Thank you so much for coming to the traveling dinner! Having you there made the whole evening better! I'm glad you enjoyed the food! I've posted many of the recipes on my cooking blog. This way you can make salmon mousse and Absolut Abblini at your house too! http://squarepegs.typepad.com/whats_cooking/
Thank you again for coming, I'm looking forward to baseball in Yokohama with you soon!!

ReyLynda said...

Kazumi, thank you so much for the kind words!

You make every event more fun, you are wonderful company and I feel "spoiled" because your English is so GOOD!

kazumi said...

>aime
thank you for letting know about your recipe. I have just checked , It will help me a lot.

>rey
thank you for your kind comment.
If you can understand my feeling exactly, I am happy:)