Friday, April 28, 2006

++Golden week++

In Japan Golden week is starting from tomorrow. Hav you ever heard that word? It means consecutive holidays from the end of April to the first week of May. Aactually it depends on the calender of the year and companies that how many days we can get holodays.

For example , about this year
4/29...saturday, but it is also national holiday which called "Midori no hi (green day)"
4/30...sunday
5/1...May day, many companies decide the day off , even though it is not national holoday
5/2
5/3...national holiday (Constitution Day)
5/4...national holiday (holiday for the nation)
5/5...national holiday (Children's Day)
5/6...saturday
5/7...sunday

As it is difficult to take long holidays, many people go overseas.In Amusement park like Tokyo Disney resort ,Events and Festivals, it is gonnna be one of the clouded time!!!

As for me, I am flying to my hometown Fukuoka, Kyushu. I will definitly eat Ramen tonkotsu style(Japanese noodle pork bones bloth style.) Actually my hometown is famous for it! I will post it !

3 comments:

ReyLynda said...

I hope you post on Kyushu Ramen Tonkotsu style! I used to eat at a restaurant called "Kyushu Ramen" in Los Angeles that had WONDERFUL ramen. The lady who owned the restaurant was born in Kyushu and she made the most wonderful ramen. I can't wait to read about your post, and thank you for posting on Golden Week! It was a mystery to me before reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Have a fun, safe trip back to your home town! Enjoy the ramen and take lots of pictures! I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back! Have a great Gold Week holiday!

ps- it was good to see you yesterday at the food fair!!

kazumi said...

Thank you for comments , guys!
For me it isn't a special place. But if I find something interesting I will show you!!