Friday, April 21, 2006

the power of SNS

The other day I felt the power of SNS(Social Networking Site).

The biggest SNS in Japan is called "mixi", and the number of member is more than 3000000 , and still getting bigger. I am one of the member of mixi, joining many community which is the group the people have same hobby, same idea, or same character.

One of the communities I am joining is "the person who often lose something". There are more than 40000 members, and usually many people leave funny messeges or comments. For example, "I left my wallet in frige.", "I am always loosing a ticket in the train", and so on. Actually it is fun to read.

But about one week ago , a woman left serious message.
"I lost my doggie"
She wrote information of her dog, and detail of the situation.

After that many people left their comments to encotage, to help , or to be worrying. After a few days passed , one person point out another person's diary which said " we have a lost dog , we are looking for the owner otherwise....the dog might be taken to the public health center . "

Guess what?? The dog was the one a woman was lookinf for.
Now the owner took her dog to her house. She wrote her dog was fine at last, and thank you so much to everybody.

I was reading this whole story everyday , I was moved to tears.

4 comments:

ReyLynda said...

Wow, I almost cried just reading this! What an amazing world the internet is -- it really brings people together.

kazumi said...

thank you for your comment. Yes sometimes thank you for the internet we can get more chance than before:)

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! I'm very happy to hear that she was able to get her dog back. The internet really has become such a valuable tool! I'm thankful for the internet every day!

kazumi said...

>aime
yes I have to thank internet,too;)
I can do so many things by being in front of computer.