Thursday, June 22, 2006

National Diet


The other day I had a chance to go to the National Diet Building. Wow. Sounds interesting ? Or boring???? ;) I had to go nearby on my job, and I had a plenty of free time, actually I had to kill my time, Suddenely I hit on my short field trip to the National Diet Building.

In Japanese we call it "Kokkai gijido". I watched many times on TV , and saw from car window, but never been. There are HOUSE of Councillors and HOUSE of Representatives of the Diet Japan.

Basically it is said to open to everybody, so on weekdays everybody can join the on e hour visitor tour, A tour guide took the public gallery , the Emperor's room, the imperial family's room , Central hall, the front courtyard , and so on. In most of place they are not allow to take pictures. It was a not fun , but interesting.
To my surprise, there is a room which is locked , and never used before. Guess what for the room???? It is a bathroom for Emperor. He ocassionally comes to the National Diet Building , but he always stays there only 20-30minutes.So it has never been used.

No comments: