Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Photos of wedding

As I mentioned before, I went to the my friend's wedding party. I was thinking for a while what I would dress on the day. At last I decide to put my kimono on. Recently not so many people wear kimono, many couple prefer the wedding at charch with wedding dress. But this time my friend had a very Japanese style wedding , I decided.

[backshit of bride]
It was Japanese style, she put on old hair style wig with wearing special kimono called Uchikake.







[Decent dishes in the wedding party]
Japanese cuisine. They uses special food have a feeling that something good is going to happen. The color of dish is so nice, isn't it?










[me in kimono]
This kimono is called Frisode which has long sleeves for unmarried woman.

6 comments:

Itziar said...

Its a wonderful kimono. I like it.

kazumi said...

>itziar
It's beautiful. but it took about 1hour to put on kimono. And I can't wear by myself, to my pity.

ReyLynda said...

Wow, what a lot of work for a wedding! Thanks for posting these photos, they're really educational.

kazumi said...

>rey
If you are luckey , you might be able to see Japanese style bride in the shryne, I hope you can.

Anonymous said...

Wow- it took an hour to put on your kimono? That's wild! I loved the photos, the bride looked so beautiful and so did you!! You looked vey pretty in your kimono!

kazumi said...

>aime
thank you! Try Yukata- casual kimono. It is much cheeper and easier to put on ;)