Monday, June 12, 2006

Tsuyu started 3 days ago.

Tsuyu started 3 days ago. We have rainy season calld "Tsuyu(or sometimes Baiu)" in June in Japan. According to the wether forecast. it has started 3days ago. Gloomy day ... I never heard somebody who likes Tsuyu. Very humid and umconfortable. On avarage it will continue for 3weeks - 1month.
Only one good thing is to be able to enjoy many colored hydrangea.
In Hokkaido- nothern island in Japan - no rainy season. I wanna escape to Hokkaido.

I heard before hydrangea is mostly in Japan. Am I right????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I moved to Japan, last June, I didn't know about rainy season, but I learned very quickly! This year I am more prepared and will not forget my umbrella!

I think the most beatiful hydrangea that I have seen in Japan so far is in Kamakura at the Hasedera temple! It is so beautiful around this time of year! I am looking forward to going to Sakien Gardens again soon to see flowers. I think that rainy season is unpleasant for people, but great for flowers!!

ReyLynda said...

It's so overwhelming to see so many beautiful hydrangea out now!

Rich and I used to grow these plants even in San Diego on our garden patio...but they needed shade in that climate because of lack of humidity and a LOT of water!

Rich has said that if you change the alkaline level a little in the water you give them they will change color simply from the water....very cool!

kazumi said...

>ben boer
Thank you for your comments from South Africa. Actually I have been to Cape Town a few years ago, from end of November to middle of December. It must have been the season of hydrangea
Even I went to Kirsten Bosh Botanical Garden, but I don't remember. Anyway Capetown is such a nice city, I wanna go again.

>Aime
Sounds great, I love to go to Kamakura, before the summer, to see beautiful flowers:), as making TERUTERU BOZU.

>rey
It is true the changing color of flowers, it is very depends on the soil is alkaline or acid. And I never imagined hydrangea in San Diego.

sssssssssss said...

i hate tsuyu too. but what things they base on when we can say it's tsuyu??