Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yokohama baseball night

Last weekend, for me it was full of joy and excitement. although I have been too tired to write this blog....When I am exausted, to do something in English is quite tough.....

Anyway
I went to watching baseball game in Yokohama studium, where the base of Yokohama Baystars of Central League . We have two leasues here , each has six teams. Usually they only have games with the team from same league, but it has started inter-league game. So I could have a chance to see my favourite Hawks' game in Yokohama.Yeah ! I have been to the Yokohama studium. but it was not for baseball, for live concert of my favourite Japanese pop group Mr.children.

The day I went there is just anniversary of Yokohama port, I could see many small stand shops much more than usual. At 6 o'clock young actress Maki Horikita threw put the first pitch at that game. WOW, it was the first time!

During game as we had seaats in Baystars side, I was cheering Hawks in my haert. I have been to the baseball games twice in Tampa , FL. I thought the way of cheering is quite different. Especially in outfield bleachers. Many fan was singing thier cheering songs with their gestures. Sometimes using with Japanese drums. It was fun to see them, but what's more-, my american friends who were dancing , yelling , high fiving with everyone stood out so much among the crowd!!!!!!!!!!

The game was exciting to see it by the end, but at the end two umpires made different judges. A couple of fans came down to the ground with anger, because they couldn't satisfy a final judge which made baystars lost absolutely.

It is true , at last I feel weird , even I am fan of hawks. but including this I could enjoy with my friends:)

4 comments:

ReyLynda said...

This was probably the BEST baseball game I've ever been to! The crowd was amazing and so spontaneous!!!

kazumi said...

>rey
Actually the style of cheering is differ depends on team. For example, Chiba lotte marines's cheer group is like a supporter groupof football.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! John and I had so much fun with you at the game, it really was a fun night! Thanks so much for helping us enjoy our first Baystars game!

kazumi said...

>aime
Actually it was so fun. I was happy to see Kawasaki uniform number 52:)