Thursday, June 29, 2006

It was the first time ....and Okonomiyaki!

Hi, thank you for reading this blog from all over the world!
The other day I had great time. Guess what??? I saw some people who read this blog. It was the first time to see somebody whom I know by the internet. Even Japanese people, I have never saw anyone. She sometimes left her comments on this blog from Cambodia . She came to Japan as a business trip. I saw her and her co-worker in Tokyo, and we had dinner together. I felt little nervous at first, but it was so fun. Just two hours meeting, but we talked a lot,as if we knew each other before. Hope they spent a good time in Japan, and they like here. I feel like I wanna to go Cambodia to see them and Angkor Wat. Anyway I have a long list where I want to go. hehehe!!!


Well at that time we ate Okonomiyaki in popular restaurant"Sometarou" Asakusa. So I will write about this food today!!!
Okonomiyaki is a kind of Japanese style pancake which is basically made of flour and cabbage. The word "okonomi" means as you like, and "yaki " means cook. , literally you just cook what you like. You can add whatever you like, for me I like to add cheeze, seafood, mochi (rice cake) etc .

Actually there are some way to make okonomiyaki , but the majorities are two ways from Osaka prefecture and Hiroshima.

My mother was grew up in Kobe which is next to Osaka, she would cook very often when I was a kid, so I love it , too. At home I cook by a frying pan or hotplate. When you go to the Okonomiyaki restaurant , you would be seated aroud the table with a teppan. I could find some recipe by internet. If you wanna eat, you can!!! it is very easy.

okonomiyaki recipe
about Osaka-style
tokyo foodpage
japan guide com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post has made me hungry. Thought it's 1:40 midnight in my place, I'm seriously thinking about cooking Okonomiyaki right now. I have all the ingredients in my fridge and it seems hard to suppress my appetite.

kazumi said...

Thank you for your comment>mochi san. I think it is one of easy Japanese cooking , when you are in abroad. Enjoy your okonomiyaki!

Roger A. Tetrahart said...

oK, it SOUNDS easy to make. But I'm kinda bad at cooking. Plus, your blog is making really hungry! Argh! (><)

Anonymous said...

Wow- looks delicious! I love to have it with octopus! It's so tasty!

Sreisaat said...

Hi. It was great hanging out with you, sharing Okonomiyaki and drinking ramune. Thanks for spending time with us. We did have a great time in Japan, and hope to return sooner. We will miss okonomiyaki.
Please do come visit the temples of Angkor one of these days!

ReyLynda said...

I love this post! How amazing that you were able to meet someone who first met you through your blog. Congratulations, it's really a small world isn't it?

I can't wait to enjoy okonomikyai....

the englishman said...

okinomoyakki is easy to eat but hard to spell. oishiiiiiiiiii!!!

kazumi said...

>mb
Actually it is very easy to cook, if you can get sauce for that in Japanese super market, it would be better, Try Okonomiyaki!!

>aime
Yes, you can add octopus, as you wish. Must be so delicious:)

>zj
Thank you , too. Yes someday I have to go there to see Angkor Wat!

>reylynda
Yes it was a great time. Without internet, it is impossible.i have to thank you to the technology.

>the englishman
Thank you for your comment.
Yes, it is oishiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!