Monday, May 08, 2006

Ramen

"Ramen" is noodle soup originally from China, but after coming to Japan. The taste of Ramen noodle has got changed. Now there are some kinds of Ramen in Japan. Those are classified by the bloth which is very diffferent depend on regions. Typical tastes are Miso(soy bean paste) ,Shio(Salt), Tonkotsu(Porkbone), and Syoyu(soy sauce).

Speaking of Japan Best3 Ramen, Sapporo ramen(in Hokkaido),Kitakata ramen(in Kitakata)and Hakata Ramen(in Fukuoka). I like Hakara ramen which is used Tonkotsu bloth. Because Fukuoka is my hometown, I grew up ,eating Tonkotsu ramen.
In Hakata Fukuoka , you can see many food stalls at night. They are called "Yatai " in Japanese. Fukuoka is well known to Yatai.They are small, maybe about 10people is maximam.But atomosphere is so good, you can feel at home .Yatai in fukuoka serve Ramen usually,and maybe Gyoza(chinise dumpling), Odenand this like.

The other day I went to Yatai, and ate Ramen and Gyoza. I show you some photos.











Japanese love Ramen so much, I think. Because there is a Ramen museum in Yokohama where I never been to. There are many books on Ramen shop which are described detail of Ramen. I know there are some men who are writing only Ramen-actually they are called ramen writer-,eating Ramen every day. Instant cup noodle was created by Japanese about 40years ago.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kozumi!

Thank you for your blog, reading your stories and watching the pictures I fell like see the things it would happen next to me. I found your blog incidentally while searching infos about the movie "Kamome syokudo" かもめ食堂 and you write a review. So, now I'm reading your blog everyday and enjoying it very much!

By the way, are you into dorama ドラマ? Right now I'm watching "Woman of the Onsen" "温泉へ行こう", it's from '99 and it's so funny! But it has also very sad moment.

So, keep writing!

Agnes

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, a typo!

Of course I mean Kazumi! ^-^

ReyLynda said...

Kazumi, if you would like to go to the Ramen House in Yokohama, please let this American Friend know! I would love to get some education on the beautiful art of ramen.

Your post is making me hungry, so it's time for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

That is some great ramen information! My favorite ramen has soba noodles, seaweed, green onion and tempura bits. Sadly, I do not know the kind of sauce that is used. Ramen is so delicious, I can understand how the ramen writers eat it every day!

Anonymous said...

I love ramen! In Korea, it's pronouned ramyun. There are just as many varieties of ramyun in Korea: kimchee, soybean, etc but Korean ramyun is very spicy. I love spicy food!

kazumi said...

>Agnes
Thank you for your comment. You know many Japanese entertainment, don't you? Are you Japanese ? :) I like dorama, but I havn't watch "Woman of the Onsen" "温泉へ行こう".

>Rey
If we have a time to go together, let's go to the museum!! That would be a fun.

>Aime
It might be Soba that you mentioned. Soba is not Ramen, is put tempura bits often.
It is difficult to say difference of Soba and Ramen, because now both kinds have many varieties.

>Sarah
I like Korean food, too. But I can't eat spycy food. I have been to Korea three times, I really enjoyed their food. But my friend said I didn't know real korean food ,coz I don't eat spicy ones.

Anonymous said...

I had Tonkatsu ramen yesterday at the food counter in Sotetsu Rosen and it was really good! I am trying to find many types of ramen to eat since it was so delicious! The tonkatsu broth I had contained seseame seeds also- so tasty!!!

kazumi said...

> aime
I am glad you like Tonkotsu ramen. That's my favorite!!!!

I will give you a tip.
Tonkotsu→pork bone which is used Ramen
Tonkatsu→Deep fried pork
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkatsu

Anonymous said...

hi!
I started Blog about Fukuoka.