Tuesday, May 23, 2006

wedding +kimono

I am invited my friend's wedding party next week. I am so happy, but I have to prepare many things, I am a bit busy right now. On Jamuary I attended another friensd's wedding, so I already wrote something about Japanese wedding.

As follows,

oshugi

wedding+Furoshiki
more about wedding

Well, I am thinking to dress Japanese kimono this time, I didn't decided yet , but maybe maybe.... So I will write some about kimono and japanese wedding from now on.

Fitst of all, putting on kimono is not easy, actually it is difficult. To my pity,I can't do by myslf- although I can wear yukata which is informal one by my self. I think not many people can wear kimono by theirselves. There are some classs and schools which show us how to wear it, I want to learn some day. So if I decide to wear kimono on my friend's wedding party, I have to ask somebody to make it... and it is quite expensive depends on the place. I have just checked the price, in ceremony hall it costs 12600yen, and in hair salon it costs 8400-9500yen. Expensive,isn't it??? And If I put on kimono, it is better to put my hair up. If I ask it also , it would cost more. Anyway to attend wedding digs into my purse.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so expensive just for one day! I've been to a wedding in Korea for a Japanese woman getting married to a Korean man... it was more casual and I enjoyed because it was a very happy occasion for the couple and not about anyone else.

Anonymous said...

I agree, weddings can be so expensive (both to have and to attend) sometimes! Hope that you have a great time at the wedding! Please let us know what you decide to wear!

kazumi said...

>sarah
So you experienced Korean style wedding, didn't you? It sounds nice. Between Korea and Japan, we have some similar culture, but other it differs a lot. I have been to korea 3times, still I feel difference of these 2countries. I heard in korea they think more espousal than wedding itself. Do you know that??

>aime
Thanks! If you have a chance to wear a kimono, you should try it on. Even if you wear Yukata, you can enjoy I think.
Now I am trying to arrange to wear kimono, but I am not sure yet.

Anonymous said...

esposal? Well, you know, I grew up in the U.S. so I don't know much about Korean culture. You probably know more than I do...

Four-eyed-missy said...

As an expat in Cambodia, I have never seen a traditional Khmer wedding ceremony. It is because we are not invited to the ceremony itself, only to the reception. Local Cambodian women dress up to nines and sometimes we foreigners look "plain" compared to them. They spend time and money to achieve the look.

Do let us know what you decide to wear. Perhaps a picture in your blog? Hope you will have fun!

kazumi said...

>sarah
I see. Anyway it is nice to attend wedding parte, isn't it?

>zj
Thank you for your comment.When I decide it, I will do.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looked so great after you got it styled for the wedding! Very beautiful!!

kazumi said...

Thank you for your comments, guys. I just a new post with some photos. Enjoy them!