Friday, May 05, 2006

Sushi in the fish market

Today I woke up very early. For what? The answer is to eat sushi. I went to Karato fish market near Shimonoseki Station in Yamaguchi Prefecture. Look ,the picture of Sushi. "Neta(the slice of fish)" are so big, so beautiful because they are so fresh!

Early morning they are having fish auction sale, after a while they start to sell Sushi ,Sashimi, fried fish and this like. They pass the plastic plate, and you just pick what you want to eat.

Today is a national holiday (holiday for children), there were so many people. Many people include us sat in waterfront. Smelling the salt of ocean ,and eating so fresh sushi was so extaraordinary. Actually Shimonoseki is very famous for Fugu(Pufferfish)which is very expensive kind of fish in Japan. So I had Fugujiru(Pufferfish miso soup),too. The bloth of Fugu is so delicious.






Next month I am going to Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo. It must be so pleasure,too.

Shimonoseki Karato Fish Market (japanese only)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your pictures makes me so excited to go to Tsukiji next month!
I am afraid to eat fugu because of the poison. I know that the sushi chefs are specially trained and must have a license to prepare fugu, but I'm still kind of a chicken. Have you eaten fugu?

kazumi said...

>aime
Yes!! I am excited ,too! Niki san said it is the Best sushi she ever had!!! sounds GREAT!!!!

kazumi said...

>aime
Of course I ate Fugu many times so far. But I prefer Hamachi(yellowtail)!!!