Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Labor Thanksgiving Day

Today is a national holiday called Labor Thanksgiving Day.
It is not like Thanksgiving in the U.S. or Europe.
Not so big event , for me just a holiday.

To spend on holidays in Japan is totally different that in U.S. or Europe.
I mean, on holidays here in Japan-except on new years day- most of shops and department store are open. People go to shopping on holiday like Christmas. Everywhere is so crowded on that day. But in U.S. and Europe they close on Thanksgivingday , Christmas, and Easter.
Buses will stop on that day. It is bad time to travel around the time.
I just know after Thanks giving they have big sale.
It' so different, although I don't know much about it in the other countries like Asia or Africa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Singapore is just like japan. Shopping for all holidays. No closure.

kazumi said...

really?
maybe our culture is similar...
I guess.