Sunday, November 20, 2005

Marathon

Today we have a good news .

Naoko Takahashi who is the Sydney Olympics marathon gold medallist has participated in Tokyo International Women's Marathon today. She got a National Honor Award because she was the first woman athlete who got the gold medal. I watched her run by TV, it was so wonderful race, at last she won. She is a very popular athelete who called "Q-chan" be her nick name. I like her so much, so I was happy. Because 2years ago when she ran the same course, since she was'nt runnning well, she could'nt participate at Atlanta Olympic. To our surprise, she had a mustle problem today, but she did!! Her smailing was so blight.

This morning I read another article of marathon.5or 6 years old of kindergarten kids ran full marathon -42.195km-! Can you belive that? 11of 13 kids finished up about 7hours.They are running 4or 5km every morning on bare foot. I was so surprised.

Well, I ran marathon on last Jamuary.
It took 6hours and half. hahaha almost same as kid.
When I finished up it, my leg was so tight.
As I didn' t practice much before the race, felt so tired and got a fever.
At that time , I would think never run again, but now I wanna try it again.
Just need practice, absolutely...

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20051120p2a00m0sp011000c.html

4 comments:

Em said...

Hey Sweets

Ya,I reckon it takes practise to improve your time.The kids' times are so awesome...

Dun tink I would even be able to finish a marathon...

kazumi said...

The kids are just great:)
I still can't beleive it.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you finished a marathon?

Running a marathon has been my dream for a few years now, but I never mustered the courage to run it....

Maybe next year, I will.

kazumi said...

>alvarny

Yeah, I did.
Although I can't still belive it.