Monday, January 02, 2006

Hatsu-uri and Fukubukuro

Today most of department stores open for the first time in this year. It is called "Hatsu-uri". Hatsu means first ,and uri means sale in Japanese. We have biggest sale in the year , like after Thanksgiving day or Christmasday in U.S. We can buy Fukubukuro (is maybe translated "happy bag")everywhere. As I have just checked Fukubukuro in English grab bags...

Fukubukuro is a bag which usually can't be seen from the outside. You can get more stuff than the price of the bag. They sell many kind of fukubukuro,,, for example, clothes, grocery, electrical products.

In a big city like Tokyo many people would wait for long time. I watched on TV many people had been waiting before new year's eve.

As I went to the department store today, I bought a bag of Fukubukuro of clothes. There are some sweaters ,a coat , a cap, a blouse in the bag. It should be Ok. The total original price in the bag is much more than I paied. It is a pleasure of buying a fukubukuro. I like it.

But some friends says those items in the bag must have been left over!

4 comments:

Em said...

Hey der

Glad that u liked wat u Fukubukuro bag..

Anyways Hapi New Year..

kazumi said...

>em
Happy new year, too!

>flankie
Or why don't you come to japan at new years holiday?

Anonymous said...

I think we call it the post new year or post christmas sale.

As long as they look good and they are cheap, grab it!

kazumi said...

Thank you for your comments , guys.
>Alvarny
I did grab them :) Maybe I don't need go shopping for a while!

>hiromi
It maybe like a gamble to buy "Fukubukuro", but I really like it!