Friday, January 06, 2006

Mario

Yesterday I saw "Mario" in the department store.

Do you know him??? He and his brother Luigi are the characters of the very very popular TV game titled "super mario brothers". It is the story of it that those two brothers are going to save Princess Peach in Mushroom kingdom. There are many kinds of enemies, they have to beat them in many stages.

According to the web, the total sales of all searies more than 100000000 all over the world. The computer was named "Family computer" in Japan,and in U.S. the company name "Nintendo" was known as the game itself. So maybe I can say Mario is also very famous Japanese character.

Oh I miss super mario so much. In my house my brother bought family computer so early that when the game was very very popular many of our friends would come to my house. At the time we woke up very early to play the game before breakfast. We were getting so excited my parents prohibited playing it one hour a day....I feel nostalgic. Recently Nintendo released the old version because of 20th aniversary of that game, I wanna play it. It must be so simple, and not so beautiful as present!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.

5 comments:

kazumi said...

Thank you for youe comment.

Since I didn't know the word NES and SNES , I have just checked it.
I didn't know that Family computer I mentioned by the post is called "Nintendo Entertainment System" in other countries , that's why many people call it Nintendo...I got it.

Em said...

Hey

I use to play Mario Brothers wen I was younger n boy did I enjoy it..

kazumi said...

oh in Singpore , too.
I was surprised so many things is international.

domestic rat said...

Wow! Super Mario Brothers are still in??? I never knew they are still ard.

kazumi said...

Recently Mario is used for the commercial of departmentstore, and because of 20th anniversary we can see him many media.