Saturday, October 15, 2005

Miffy ...and bread

These are 4 pckages of bread.

I prefer rice to bread at morning, even though it takes longer to prepare breakfast. But recently I am eating bread almost everymorning.
Because I want to get a blanket of Miffy.

One company has been holding the campaign that we can get a blanket if we buy 15packeges of bread. I am eating bread everyday.













Miffy is very popular here as well as Kitty or Mickey Mouse.
She was a rabbit drown by Dick Bruna.

I remember when she was imported first time , we call her "Usako-chan".
Usagi means rabbit, ko means child - we often use " ko " at the end of girl's name-, chan is like mr.or miss for girls. But now they called her Miffy .

I don't know how popular she is in overseas.
Here so many kind of characters are created. We love such a thing so much.

http://www.miffy.com/

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I LOVE Miffy. I used to live in Japan and bought Miffy bread so I can could win Miffy plates, but I never won. So I had to buy all my Miffy goods at Kiddyland instead. Miffy, kawaii usa-chan. Miffy, daisuke!

kazumi said...

Thank you for your comment.
I love miffy , too.

kawaiine.daisuki

Miffa said...

Miffy is not so popular out of Japan.

Even in holland she is not so popular as a merchandise character as in Japan. People knows her because of the books much more than for movies and figures.

In Spain where i live no one knows her. I got "infected" by her when in a trip to hong kong i saw her in a mobile phone shop. I bought a 400 $ nokia phone just for the plush toy. I thought that miffy was japanese when i first saw her.

Miffa (latin word for miffy)