Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bounenkai

Cold cold I am freezing! Especially when I am coming back home at night.

Now at the end of year, this is the season of the Bounenkai (end-of-the-year party). If I translate Bounenkai exactly,it means forget-the-year party. In the party we eat and drink or sometimes sing together at the reataurants , izakaya(japanese style pubs),or somewhere else. We have several Bounenkai by company , pffice, school , friends, and so on. At night we can see many drunken people in the street. For me the season I have to be careful to get fat gradually. Fu...

Most of companies have new years holidays from December 28th or 29th until January 3rd or 4th. Yes! depends on the companies. My friend she is working at shop in a big mall can't take day off until January 5th. So sorry.

Well, it will finish the Bounenkai season soon, but after new years day we will have Shin-nenkai(New Year's party) again....:)

6 comments:

Matsumo said...

I came across your interesting blog, and found you wrote something about bounenkai, the subject I had also written about.

My name is Matsumo, a Japanese blogger. I am happy to meet another Japanese who keep writing about Japan in English.

Keep the good work!

tomblos said...

in Bali some of us celebrate Bounenkai with lay-on the grass and see the "kunang-kunang" (a bug with light on there tail) fly over with a long french kiss. :)

Em said...

Hello

Wow so many days of partyin in Japan...Anyway have a wonderful time and take care...

kazumi said...

>matsumo
I have chechked your blog. You wrote so long time, didn't you? I hope I keep writing like you! Thank you.

>saylow
Thank you for your comment from Bali. I've never been there. Your bounenkai sounds cool!

>em
Thank you !
Do you have new year's holidays?

kazumi said...

I wanna go to France again...
Hopefully someday.

tomblos said...

""Thank you for your comment from Bali. I've never been there. Your bounenkai sounds cool!""

You should come visit bali...than...


saylows.com