Monday, December 12, 2005

a useful book











If you have a plan to go to Japan, and if you can't understand Japanese at all, you might be worry about after you arrive. I recommend the bookwhose title is Yubisashi(The original "POINT-AND-SPEAK" phrase book.) It is a very useful book, which will make you communicate with Japanese easier.


For example, see this picture.
The section of the bottom is written as follows:

Good evening
こんばんは
kombanwa

means:

In English Good evening You can understand it!
In Japanese(writing) こんばんは You might not be able to understand it.
In Japanese(pronounce) kombanwa You will be able to promounce it.

If you pronouce it , you can comminication with Japanese people. But if you feel it hard to pronounce it, just point out, and people can understand what you mean.

This book has many illustrations and pictures which show culture, daily life, souvenior,daily necessites and so on. You can use more than 3000 words.

I really like this series. I have 5 or 6 titles.
When I went to Mexico, I could understand Spanish only a few phrases. But since I have this book of Mexico for Japanese. One of my mexican friend said it is sensational, and everybody liked it so much. I am going to send it to my friend this book of Japan for English speakers.

Now the company published more than 70 titles, but most of these books are for Japanese. They have 3 titles of the books about Japan for English, Korean, or Chinise speaker.

When you arrive to Japan, check this book in a bookshop!
Price is 1500yen(about$12.50)

Japanese only
http://www.yubisashi.com/

3 comments:

kazumi said...

Thanx.k.k.
I think everybody like this book!

Em said...

Hello

Was jus lookin for a Christmas pressie for sumone...Thanks for the book suggestion...Im gna check it at Kinokuniya later...

Anyways hv a great day ahead...

kazumi said...

>em
Thank you!
It might be a good present for ssombody who is interested in Japan.
I hope you and your friend like it.