Saturday, December 10, 2005

English

About English..

In Japan usually we start to learn English when we enter junior high school, 12years old.
But most of Japanese people don't speak English so well.Many people go to English conversation school after their jobs. To speak and listen is harder than to read and write for us. The Exams are usually stressed on to read and write. (although nowdays it is changing...)

The other day I spoke a man who came from U.S. As he has a Japanese wife, he could understand and speak Japanese very well. But to my surprise , he has learned Japanese just for 3years!!! Unbelieable..

Well, it is not so easy to have a situation to speak in English, if we are in Japan. Compare to before, the number of foreign people in Japan is increasing. Even that it is difficult, I think.

But we have one more problem which is come from Japanese culture.
It it quite hard to say I can speak English. We maybe think the goal of speaking English is to speak so fruently . In addition that, we care mistakes,and feel embaranment if we made mistakes. That's the problem.

I think I can speak English , but not enough to say perfect.
But I want to say ''I can speak English "with full of confidence. Someday..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you write pretty good english. and as long you practice it often, you will at least be able to understand :)

At the place I work, we meet japanese tourist often. But many don't seem to understand english.

Em said...

Hey Kazumi

I tink ur English is fine.. Jus keep on bloggin more to improve but I dun tink u need it tho...

kazumi said...

>lish
for me to write this blog in English is to make a situation to use English, although I have a lot of fun..To be honest it is not so easy for me to keep writing it.
But just try as long as possible.

>k.k.
Actually I need more. because, you can guess, I can't express my feeling exactly.

kazumi said...

>em
Thanx.
I will keep trying.
Just need more time and patient.
:)

boxingalcibiades said...

Yes, patience is the key. I am American, and one day want to say that about Hungarian.... one day....

kazumi said...

>russ
Thank you for your comment.
Hungarian. sounds difficult!
Why are you learning it??