Wednesday, December 28, 2005

teachers are running!!!

As I wrote before, we exchange new year's greeting cards in Japan. Postmans make sure to deliver cards on January 1st if we post until December 25th.I should have write earier,but now I am struggling to do that. Although I have to say that I am using PC to make new years cards. It is much easier and quicker. Almost done:) If I post them tomorrow, should be O.k.Hopefully.

We have to do not only greeting cards , but also other things which are prepared for the new year. For exmaple , cleaning up all over the house , decorating the houses, preparing for the new year's foods....etc. Quite busy.

About December, using old calender , we call Shiwasu(師走) which means teachers run,that is to say, December is a busy mouth as teachers are running!!!!

2 comments:

Jeruen said...

But does "shiwasu" correspond exactly from December 1 to December 31?

kazumi said...

Yes, I think so. But we originally used the word "shiwasu" for December of old calender. Now we are using it for Decomber of present calender.
Actually the other months have each term of old carender, but I think "Shiwasu" is well used of all.