Sunday, December 18, 2005

Howl's moving castle

Last night I watched DVD of the animation movie"Howl's moving castle"

"How's moving castle" is originally a novel written by British author.
Sophe is a 18 years old girl who was changed her apperance to 90 years old woman by a witch.
She went to Howl(he is a wizard)' s moving castle , worked as a housekeeper to turn her original appearance. Then got a big trouble...

The story is totaly different from original novel especially last halfof the stoey, and it is said too hard to understand some story ,so many people have different interpretation. So I can't write story any more:)

Well ,it it the latest film of the director of Hayao Miyazaki.
Actually I like his works so much.
Have you heard his name?

In Japan he is a very famous and popular movie director,
He is the head of the film studio called "Studio Ghibli" which has own musium.
So far he made many films and got many awards.
He got the Oscar 2002 by "Spirited Away".
I love this one. I have seen both in Japanese and in English, then I felt a littele difference , off course not much only a little bit. Sometimes when we wached some his works like "Princess Mononoke" and "Spirted Away", I think we need knowledge of Japanese cultural things or stories. Off course even in English it have much fun.

If you want to try your first Miyazaki movie, I recommend "My neibougher Totoro" or "Laputa: The Castle in the Sky". Especially "Totoro " is good for kids.

The other day I sent DVD of "Spirted Away" to a friend in overseas as a Christmas present.
I hope she like it!

[How's moving castle]
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/castle/
[Hayao Miyazaki]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki
[Studio Ghibli]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli

1 comment:

kazumi said...

Thank you for your visit!
Try Miyazaki! I hope you like it!