Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ootoya

Last night I went to a eating place named "Ootoya(大戸屋)". This is one of my favorite place to eat. They mainly serve Japanese cuisine like home-style dishes. They have many kinds of dishes is not expensive.They have beautiful menus with photo, even if you can't understand Japanese , you can order, I guess. If you come to Japan, try Ootoya, and you will taste Japanese home-style dishes.



I had a kind of noodle(*Udon) stew set tasted by *Miso with a soft-boiled egg, vegitables and some oysters, served with rice and pickles. Price is 735yen(about $6) .
Now it is very cold outside, it is very good time to have something hot.


*miso is soya bean paste. The miso soup is made by dissolving miso paste in hot water. It it necessary Japanese style breakfast.
*Udon are thick Japanese noodles.

[ootoya/Japanese only]
http://www.ootoya.com/top.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually prefer soba to udon, I guess taste differs.

kazumi said...

Really?
I prefer Udon.
Yes, taste is different!

We have two customs of soba.
In the new year's eve ,or when we move to new place , we supposed to eat soba!

Jeruen said...

Oysters! I miss them. I used to love okonomiyaki with oysters. But then, I turned vegetarian for some time now, so I better forget about it...

kazumi said...

>linguist-in-waiting
I like oysters. I like okonomiyaki, too. But I never tried Okonomiyaki with oysters.
I will try it!